Day Five Highlights – 2012 ELCA National Youth Gathering
– Early morning
– Taylor, Paige, Matt, the Emilies, and Pastor Craig had to be at our worship site by 7:30 a.m. in order to sound check and rehearse quickly before worship. We helped lead worship with Landon and Pastor Jon from Faith and Cory and Nicole from First in Mandan.
– We worshiped with all of the churches from the western North Dakota Synod who are attending the gathering.
– Bishop Mark Narum preached and we celebrated Holy Communion together as brothers and sisters in Christ.
– Spent the remainder of the morning in Bible study and reflection upon the marks or being a disciple – Worship, Prayer, Giving, Encouraging,
– Lunch at the world famous Popeye’s Chicken restaurant.
– Spent the afternoon playing games and taking naps at the hotel due to the incredible rain. Check out today’s video to see what 2 inches of rain an hour looks like in the swamp.
– LutherDome Night Three!
– Nobel Peace Laureate Leymah Gbowee about being called as the change the world needs in order to bring peace.
– The Mass Gatherings each evening are pretty incredible. They have been produced by the same production company and producer that did the halftime show of the 2012 Superbowl. On the Gathering’s website www.elca.org/gathering you can watch many videos from these events, including the speakers that have offered powerful messages of hope and love for all of God’s children.
– Click here for today’s video highlight – http://youtu.be/igVj6f5UrgA