Day Four Highlights • 2012 ELCA National Youth Gathering
– Breakfast together at Veranda Restaurant
– Practice Justice Day
- Large gathering in LutherDome learning a little about what justice is and how we are called to live it out in the world today
- Attended a Cultural Event in a local high school called “The Origin of Life” that interpreted the Creation Story from west African tribes.
- Walked through this experience with a group of students and adults from a church in South Carolina.
- Part of living out justice in our faith is appreciation and respect for other cultures and traditions. We spent a little time reflecting how the interpretation we saw in the play was similar and/or different from the two creation accounts that Christians share in the first two chapters of the book of Genesis.
– Quick stop for a bite to eat at the world famous New Orleans restaurant, McDonald’s
– Ran to Walgreens for umbrellas and ponchos. It was raining – again… J
– LutherDome Night Two with seats almost at the ceiling of the dome
– Powerful message from Bishop Mark Hanson and Shane Claiborne tonight
– Devotions to close the day
– Tomorrow is “Practice Discipleship” day
Check out the video highlights of the day by clicking on this link – http://youtu.be/X1T6LGQdXZc