Day Three Highlights • 2012 ELCA National Youth Gathering
– New Orleans is HOT!
– New Orleans is HUMID!
– New Orleans is FUN!
– We started the day at the Audubon Zoo followed by an unexpected bus ride through the French Quarter and a quick stop at the Aquarium.
– Lunch at the Zoo
– Supper at Champions Square outside of the Superdome (aka Lutherdome this week)
– Opening night of the Gathering in the dome.
– The gathering band rocks!
– AGAPE is a great rapper
– Rachel Kurtz’s song “Make a Difference” works for the music on our videos and as the theme song for the gathering. Cool, right?!
– Bishop Mark Hanson got us ready to go
– Pastor Yehiel Curry stirred the pot of gumbo that includes all of God’s children
– Bishop Michael Rinehart welcomed us to the Texas-Louisiana Gulf Coast Synod of the ELCA – our host synod
– Pastor Nadia Bolz-Weber helped us remember what being a Lutheran is all about
– It rained and rained and we couldn’t leave the Lutherdome for a while
– Eventually we left, even though it was still raining, and sang all the way to the hotel
– We ordered pizza for a bedtime snack
– We shared a time of devotion and Centering Prayer. Check out this link if you’d like to join us in devotion time http://www.elca.org/ELCA/Youth-Gathering/Questions-Answers-Resources/Downloads.aspx. The devotions begin on page 44 of the guidebook and we will be doing them each night at 11:00 p.m.
– Tomorrow is “Practice Justice” day
Click here to see a short video highlighting our day – http://youtu.be/xB2sozYQ8f0